Sunday, December 20th at 5pm (We’re starting earlier so we can fit in even more Christmas cheer) we are having our annual Christ Reformed Youth Christmas Party and Caroling! Here is what you need to know: We are going to have an ugly Christmas sweater contest so wear the ugliest sweater you can find in your dad’s closet, we are having a white elephant gift exchange so bring the best gift five dollars can buy, and if you have any Christmas cookies to spare we would love to eat them for you. We will be carolin first from 5-6:30 so if don’t want to go caroling in the neighborhood (but why wouldn’t you?) you can arrive at 6:30 for the main party. Get ready for cocoa, Christmas trees, Holiday Cheer and more!
So what do I need to bring?
An ugly Christmas sweater
The best gift 5 dollars can buy
Christmas cookies if you can spare them
What if I don’t have any of these? Come anyway, there will be plenty of Christmas cheer to spare
Christ Reformed Youth is going to Judgement House at Immanuel Leidy’s Church in Souderton (276 West Cherry Lane, Souderton, PA) October 25th. We will be meeting at CRC at 6:30, like normal, then driving the students to Leidy’s where parents will pick them up at 8:50pm. The last day to sign up is October 20. This is an awesome event that will really make your students think about how their decisions now will affect eternity!
Click here for more information!
(Recommended for students age 13 and older due to the serious nature of the subject matter and frightening images) If you have any further questions about this please contact Chris Tawney at
267-885-8289 or email@example.com)
Permission Slip Due Tuesday, October 20, 2015: Judgement House 2015 Permission Form
Uprise Fest Details
(Taken from Parent FAQ Found below)
- Where are the students staying overnight: We will be staying on Friday night at Shippensburg First Church of God located at 5 N Prince St, Shippensburg, PA 17257. With Katie Tawney and Alissa McIntyre overseeing the girls and Chris Tawney and Pastor Andy Schultz looking after the boys.
- How much does this event cost? The event costs $45. This includes the price of the ticket, overnight stay, and food for the event. Checks can be made to Christ Reformed Church at Indian Creek. (Financial assistance is available if needed).
- What time and where do our students need to be there on Friday 9/18? Please arrive at Christ Reformed Church (171 Church Rd, Telford, PA 18969) at 3:45pm. If your child needs to be picked up elsewhere please contact us directly and we may be able to make something work.
- What time will our students return to Christ Reformed Church? We will be leaving Shippensburg, PA between 11-11:30pm on Saturday night, which should place our arrival home between 1:30-2:00am, and we will have the students call their parents when we are nearing home.
- What does my student need to bring?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes for 2 days
- Sleeping bag/air mattress
- There will be no shower facilities available so lots of deodorant is probably a great idea
- Who is chaperoning this event?
- Chris Tawney: Primary emergency contact (267-885-8289)
- Katie Tawney (540-535-9155)
- Alissa McIntyre Pastor
- Andy Schultz (Cornerstone Community Church in Kensington) More chaperones will be added depending on the number of students attending.
- The form is due on Tuesday but there’s no Youth Group?
- Please text or email a photo of the signed registration form to Chris Tawney and then bring the hard copy and payment on Friday afternoon. If a student does not have the hard copy for with them they will not be able to participate in this event.
- If I have anymore questions, who should I contact? Please call or text Chris Tawney at 267-885-8289 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last year we had a great time at this awesome concert (check out our Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/christreformedyouth)! This year is going to be even better with a larger lineup including some of the biggest names in Christian music! You can read more at http://uprisefest.com/. We are going for both days and staying overnight in Shippensburg (details of where we’re staying coming soon). The cost for this event is going to be $45 which will cover the cost of the students ticket, but included in the trip is food and lodging. The last day to sign up for this event is Sunday 9/13. Uprise Fest was one of our favorite events from last year and definitely something you don’t want to miss!
Cost: $45 (financial assistance is available)
FAQ for parents: Parent FAQ: Uprise Fest 2015
Permission Slip/Registration Form: Uprise Fest 2015 Permission Slip
Christ Reformed Youth is going to Ocean City, NJ on Saturday, August 29!
This is going to be a day of “fun in the sun” to celebrate the end of summer! The cost of this trip is going to be $10 which will cover gas and dinner, with lunch either being purchased by the student or brown bag. The deadline to sign up for this trip and to turn in the necessary permission slips is Sunday, August 23. Hopefully everyone will be able to join us for this day of fun!
Permission Slip (Necessary for everyone attending): Ocean City, NJ Permission Slip
Parent FAQ: Parent FAQ for CRC Youth Beach Trip 2015-Ocean City, NJ
This Tuesday Christ Reformed Youth is going to help out in the community by serving a member of Christ Reformed Church! Please wear clothes that you would feel comfortable pulling weeds and getting dirty in.
Service Project Permission Slip